Thursday, September 08, 2005

In Black and White

Us and Them.
And after all we’re only ordinary men.
-- Pink Floyd.

Why do we forget that the toughest ones among us are also, after all, humans? Why do we find accepting our human status so difficult? Who do we think we are anyway?
For we have an adam and an eve inside each one of us, however subdued. Who know only to listen to and do as per their instincts tell them. And instincts as quintessential as light.

And yet, for every one person who accepts and relates to human nature in its rawest element, there would be a hundred thousand condemning it blatantly. Branding it ‘beastly’.
But then, they are humans too. Only humans. And ordinary humans. They face their moments of truth too. And then, THE one has the last laugh. A laugh, not of derision. Merely of the conviction that they’re all, eventually, humans.

And in the end, it’s only round and round. And round.
-- Pink Floyd.

~K.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

"Do not judge, or you too will be judged. For in the same way you judge others, you will be judged and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you (Matthew 7:12)."

But being humans we all judge... and are judged in turn... but it is when the finger is pointing at us does the stare really burn a hole in the soul... what a world it is... its a sin to be selfish... now thats hypocrisy at its best...

~N

Luv Bhatia said...

Diamond or Coal, what! This is carbon.

A famous Zen saying goes like "The finger points at the moon. Do not be distracted by the finger; observe the moon!" and what not, the carbon or the diamond? The diamond may be coal or soot but the theme is carbon...

It is up to us which form of carbon we see in a human...and WYSIWYG!

Do remember, Colour is black and white put together…. it is up to us, which shade we blend into…

-elkays

Anonymous said...

I'm open, you're closed
Where I follow, you'll go
I worry I won't see your face
Light up again

Even the best fall down sometimes
Even the wrong words seem to rhyme
Out of the doubt that fills my mind
I somehow find
You and I collide

I'm quiet you know
You make a frist impression
I've found I'm scared to know I'm always on your mind

It is a scary thought that you are on somebody's mind.... so nicely put in the song.... but what if you are on somebody's mind for the wrong reasons.... is guilt penance enough?.... I figure Jesus had it easy... atleast his pain was physical.... atleast he knew death would come as deliverance.... but what of the inner pain that you do not know when will the end be... sigh.... even JD n Coke does not numb it any more... people say you have to live with the consequences of your decisions.... scares the bejesus out of me... apparently I have proven it enough number of times that I make bad decisions.... what qualifies me to ruin more than my life?.... god... I hate philosphical questions.... "I worry I wont see your face light up again".... hiw do you deal with a sentence like that?.... sigh... all out of JD and nowhere to go...

Your Truly
Mr. Sold my Soul