Friday, June 02, 2006

kab se hoon, kya bataun ...

.. jahaan-e-kharaab mein...
shab-e-hai hijra ko bhi rakhun gar hisaab mein...

said Mirza Ghalib. I'm just quoting it. Translated, it means.. If I take into account the times of separation, it feels like an eternity that I've been in this miserable world...

Me.. I feel the same. I'm separated too. From the myriad dreams that I keep dreaming about. There's just so much that I want... to have... to do.. to be...

The following is an extract from my list of "I want..."
- to own a Mustang.
- to own (at least) 2 pet dogs.
- to own a nice, cozy and warm house in the hills, by a beach, by a river, in Delhi, in NY and somewhere in Rome... (with a nice garage for my Mustang!!) ;-)
- to have a big hall in my house with a home theatre system and watch all classic movies... (including Psycho)
- to study English literature, Arts, Music (both Indian and Western), History, Economics, Journalism, Marketing, Mathematics and Arabic.
- to be able to pack my bags and just travel.
- to sleep for at least 20 hours.
- to really celebrate with all the people I love.
- to sing 'The Great Gig In The Sky' (Pink Floyd) well at least once.
- to sing every other song and raaga well.
- to be able to play the guitar really well.
- to be able to dance well.
- to cook one good meal.
- to eat to my heart's content without getting fat.
- to read a good book.
- to write a good book.
- to swim in the sea.
- to have a clone to go to the office while I stay at home doing one of the things above.
- to get scared out of my wits once.
- to laugh out really loud.
- to play all the games/sports that I like to watch (including F1).
- to sky dive and bungee jump and parasail and paraglide.
- to fly an aeroplane.
- to shake myself out of routine.
- to shake people out of monotony.
- to make a difference.

.. and blah blah blah....

Sometimes I think it's too short a life for the amount of pleasures it offers. But then, I'd read somewhere.. if you want something bad enough... you just might get it!!
I know some of these things are crazy... some, not so...
But then.. that's how I am... half mad... half.. not so.

Cheers anyway!!

Keep smiling!!!

~K.

4 comments:

naVee said...

"Hum Bhi Tasleem Ki Khoo Dalenge
Benayazi Teri Aadat Hi Sahi
Yaar Se Chedh Chali Jaye 'Asad'
Gar Nahin Vasl To Hasrat Hi Sahi"

Anonymous said...

as to the last dream....you can name your first kid "difference" ;-)
[i am sure judging by poor nature of the joke you would know who i am!!]

serpentine said...

No Walmart for this wish list.. isnt it????

Nice song btw... Great Gig!!!

Unknown said...

Interesting wishlist, Kalini (or shall I say Fellow- Nanitalite..I hope that's the word for residents of the puny town :d)
Especially interesting is the bit about the various places you wish to own homes..Lets hope you earn your millions soon enough :D
Great post
N