Monday, November 06, 2006

Walk of Life!

I love rains, despite the messy muck and mucky mess that they bring up after they're gone. But does that matter? Recently I discovered that the mucky mess isn't the only kind of mess that rains can put one into.

Last weekend I was walking back from a friend's place to mine. It was raining. And I was glad. Had been such a long time since I'd walked in the rain. Part of the luggage that I was carrying was my laptop. But, I do declare, it didn't even strike me once to protect it from all that water. I reached home, happy. Even messaged my friend how wonderful a walk I'd had. An hour or so later, I checked my laptop. Conked! And no, it didn't even say goodbye.

Had quite a thoughtful weekend. Thinking about what to do, what to say when asked. Will I be liable for it. Will I be held responsible for it... You know... the works.
Finally what it came down to was me returning the laptop to the office. My work gets hampered a little. I may lose the flexibility (convenience) of working through different offices until I get a replacement next week. I may have to spend 4 hours a day in my daily commuting to and from office. Quite a few cons I must say.

And yet... I still want to walk in the rain.

So help me God.

*Amen*


~K.

1 comment:

ammu said...

Ouch that sucks!!!
Hope you get a replacement comp soon...

But...walking in the rain totally makes up for it ;-) heh