Friday, June 29, 2007

I HATE music

I hate the power that it has over me. I hate the way it controls my display of emotions. Things that I would generally digest, music expels out of my system like an emetic.

If I listen to music when I'm happy, I get this unstoppable urge to sing loudly and dance. And I cant sit straight in the office anymore. If I listen to music when I'm sad or feeling lonely, I get depressed. I think of all things that make me sad and then I cry. And I refuse to see the happiness that I might have around me.

People who claim that music brings them up when they are down, makes them feel good when they are sad and so on, are either fooling themselves or maybe not listening to the right kind of music. Because when you do, it just intensifies your emotions. Or let me speak for myself. It does that to me. It exposes me to what I'm really thinking even when I am capable of hiding it from my own self. So I keep listening to music as one of those really intimate activities that I don't share with everyone. To me, it is one of the most harmful addictions that I could get into. Though I do claim to hate it, I wouldn't dare to dream of a life without music.

To whoever recognized the first notes and identified them as music, go to hell!! And then listen to music. I hope it makes you feel better...


~K.

3 comments:

Ajith said...

And you asked me to listen to songs when i was pissed off, what an irony.. interesting..

ammu said...

Interesting! :)
So you have a love-hate relationship with music then?
I agree with you to an extent...cos music gets me more depressed when I'm already sad. It heightens any emotion that I'm feeling...

Anonymous said...

Whatttt... this was the first reaction when I read the headline of the blog. But when I read the blog the reaction changed to that Lady K has hit the right note!!!

But there is 1 thing I disagree and I quote from the blog "People who claim that music brings them up when they are down, makes them feel good when they are sad and so on, are either fooling themselves or maybe not listening to the right kind of music."

-- Music brings me up when I am down, makes me smile when I am sad when u hit the right note...

The right note - when one is sad and crying, the sudden smile.. that belongingness to that moment.. only 1 thing in this world can bring...Music! And that sudden smile, that 1 moment has the power to heal a thousand wounds...

Keep hitin the rite note...
:j