Thursday, July 19, 2007

July 23rd...

... is Amit's birthday. 28th birthday I think. Grammatically, the sentence should be - July 23rd would have been Amit's 28th birthday. But who cares about stupid grammar when all you can think of is a dear friend who is no more.

For those who didn't know him - that's him.

True Punjabi. Mad about Punjabi music. And Rajma Chawal. And Chicken. And Whisky. And Beer. And yes, Onions! Play any Punjabi song and he'd break into an impromptu Bhangra. Oh, and yes, also mad about Biking! Dude went to the highest motorable road in India, Leh, on his bike.

At work, a total stud in Oracle and Java! He used to treat Oracle with the familiarity that would be second to only the creators of it.

So full of life that I still can't imagine him without any. So I think of it this way - I shall never ever be able to imagine him getting old and ailing and the other degenerations that come as a part of aging. He is Forever Young!


Oh well, I'm planning to have a party Sunday night for the life that was Amit. You're invited!



ps: Amit, I'm sure heaven is too peaceful a place for you, bro! Hope you're back on earth driving someone else mad with your antics!!! Cheers to you!!
And hey.. if you're back as a girl this time... Mundeyaan ton bach ke rahin!!! ;-)
Lotsa love,
Kali.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

It was such a shock! I had reached chandigarh hoping to meet him besides a few other aug03 batchmates, and the first news I heard was about his demise :(

ammu said...

Cheers to Amit...i'm sure some lucky souls are reaping the joy of being in his presence :)

Sunday night? I'll be there with bells on...

Luv Bhatia said...

Today the gym instructor was asking about a guy who used to come to the gym with me, run on the treadmill with an incline of 10, speed of 15 and come to the gym twice a day.

I just smiled back at him....

Cheers to the guy who showed us to live like we mean it!

Miss you buddy...

Mundiyean ko toh bach ke hi rehna padega...amit toh definitely ek ladki banke aaya hoga :)

vanijoshi said...

ik pal vi main bhool na paawan teriyan mithiyan yaadan nu,
rok na paawan ankhiyaan vich gham(and khushi) diyan barsaataan nu..
o ho ho ho... ishq tera tadpaye..

bitter-sweet symphony, thats life,,
you'll be missed Amit..
wish you all happiness O:)

AR said...

a beautiful tribute to someone beloved !

Nidhi said...

Really heartning to see such a beautiful tribute to this great guy...whom I knew only through friends and hubby, wish I had known him more closely and been one of you lucky guys! He is really an unforgettable soul...