Wednesday, January 02, 2008

2007!!!

Gone... out of the window... lost somewhere in the thin air. And I didn't even realize when it went away. It feels like just yesterday that I was wishing people a Happy 2007 and wondering where 2006 had gone.

And where DID 2007 go? Spending late nights at work and shuttling between Shols and M-city (my two office locations back in Chennai) through the first quarter and a half (now tell me how long was that.. ;-) ). Then zipped in to Stamford. A storm in a teacup... that's exactly what it was. Another 3 months gone. Change of scene - Moved to Seattle. Beautiful place. Very scenic. But kinda grey. Some more reds and oranges and yellows would have done it. But well, never mind. Peace and quiet in the hillside after that. Next thing I remember is November and December which again flew past ending in the 31st when I sat down thinking about all this.

Anyway... back to where I was. Irrespective of how I've celebrated New Year's eve - whether roaming around in the streets of Manhattan or just quietly sleeping the night away, I have almost always spent December 31st wondering where the hell the whole year went. Oh well... the wonder-ful person that I am, I did my share of wondering this year as well (or should it be last year). And like all other years, I decided to make the best out of the new one coming my way. And I'm so sure I will spend December 31st 2008 in the same retrospective mood that I am so used to.

A couple of things that I want to do in this year -
1. Write a couple of articles in Hindi. I think in English now... gotta stay in tune with our Raashtra Bhaasha. It's so rich!
2. Learn to cycle. (I couldn't have made the fact more public... but well... I can't cycle... tee hee)
3. Ride a cycle on the Golden Gate bridge or at least on Pier 39. (I might get scared on the bridge)
4. Go for sky diving.
5. Read a couple of long pending books.
6. Watch some more Broadway shows.
7. Buy a nice evening dress and wear it. Not just at the shop in the trial room but also wear it to someplace nice.

Hoo boy.. Let me not get too carried away. If I put a lot of these action items here, end of 2008 is going to be really troublesome. Will keep myself in check while I can.

You all have a wonderful and satisfying year! Live a beautiful life. Stay happy, healthy and fit!

Cheers!!


~K.

4 comments:

~S said...

Ahem!! The "To Do" list looks quite good :) Here's wishing that all the items in the list are covered this year so that you dont waste much time on 31st Dec 2008 wondering where the hell this year went :D
Have a happening and adventurous New Year!!

Luv Bhatia said...

Looks like the coming year will be full of fun and laughter - for you as some of the toughest jobs are on the list and for us lesser mortals who will be closely following the same :)

Wishing you a very happy and wonderful 2008!!! And yeah, by this year end even if you miss a flight, the cycle will be there for the rescue :P

Have a great year ahead!!!

Kalindi said...

hehehe... :)
Shilp.. the status of that action item list will only be taken on 12/31/08... God help me then..

Beta Luv - cycle ka tri-cycle kar deti hoon... warna mere comedy show ke tum max maze loge.... :P

MBAstarter said...

So, how many of To-Do's are already off the list ;)