Wednesday, October 12, 2005

Home... Suite Home

Life in fast lane??? Hmmm ... well.. true... at least in the day time... night time is more like 'Life in the Last lane'... and what a lane... whooo boy!! Slowpoke!!!

Today I was lucky enough to get out of office at 6... a feat I was never able to manage in Chennai... And considering that the weather was kinda nice all day today, it seemed such a blessing... Ah well... I kinda counted my eggs pretty soon... should have at least waited until i reached home... er the suite rather...

Once you are back from office there's not much that you can do... without a car that is... which is what I am currently... It feels nothing less than a house arrest... again... suite arrest.... and there's NOTHING sweet about it... bahhh !!! Am I cribbing??? Well no.. not really... coz I have friends who are gifted with a car (read SSN) and a credit card (read SSN)... and are also gifted with a couple of have not friends like me who dont have a ... yeah yeah... you got it... getting smart or what....

So now I'm just coming back from the community center... after a game of pool... and guess what... I managed to pot in some 8 or 9 balls in just 4 games!!!! Am I a pool shark or what... ;) And that was followed by a game of table tennis as well... Now I dont want to show off my sporting abilities... but I'm atleast a good sport... and I guess that's all I will say....

Am back in home.. suite home... trying to figure out what to do with my time until I fall asleep. I can read... but I'll start crying coz I'll be missing my glasses so badly... I can watch TV... but somehow.. after 2 years of CAS infested Chennai, the idiot box doesnt interest me much... I guess I HAVE become smarter... or so I'd like to believe... Hence I turn to what I like doing.. writing... typing in this case... Thank God for broadband.. and the company for the laptop... ;)
I guess I could try and cook something up... something edible I mean ... but nahhhh... too lazy... So a glass of milk will have to do... I'm making up in advance for the days ahead that I will spend gorging on all sorts of awesome food.... If gluttony IS a sin, let me atone for it now itself...
All you who have the privilege of getting good food on your tables and into your mouths right down to your stomachs... stay reeeeeeeeeeally really away from me.... because just in case gluttony is not.. i know violence is most definitely a sin.... But anyhow, I shall avenge myself at lunch tomorrow...

That's all for now.
Hungrily, sleepily, lazily and bloggily yours...

~K.
(in local parlance... Khalley)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

well said.. bahut khoob.. in a foreign land, the cultural shock or the lack of it,, takes some getting used to..

have milk and apples tonite for tomorrow you shall gormandize!!
kalindi to khalley.. another step in the meamorphosis.. change happens, change is good and it may not be easy, but thats how we evolve..

the name, place, situations may change, but the spirit that's Kalindi, is by far Indomitable..

Let's raise our glasses (even though broken ;)) to the spirted, the effervescent, our beloved - Tunnu! (thats her, before she was Kalindi!!) *:)

Anonymous said...

first..."This post has been removed by the blog administrator.".... hehehehe....

second...."Today I was lucky enough to get out of office at 6"... hehehe.... K... grow up... here everybdy is lucky.... everybdy gets out of office at normal time... and even earlier usually... so if u see ur boss walking off at 3 dnt die from shock or smethn....

candlewood suites huh?... pretty neat setup ...

Gluttony is definitely not a sin in this country.... otherwise way too many fat a** sinners running around...

Luv
N 'outofsorts' p

Luv Bhatia said...

Whoo boy!!! alls been already said my mumma... ditto....

May this luck forever shine on you crazy diamond...

Khalley's spirit rulezzz....