Sunday, October 30, 2005

I believe in Angel

Oh yes I do. I’ve got guardian angels guarding me ever since I can remember. They are always somewhere close by.

Me – I am this incorrigible person who keeps getting herself into “situations”, if you know what I mean. And if I’m lucky, I don’t pull others along with me. But then, I do get out of those. As naturally as I get into them. It’s as simple as going through a revolving door.
Yes I could take the credit by saying I get myself out unscathed, uninjured, unaffected… so on and so forth. But one, I was born with this huge amount of modesty. And two, I know if I tried to pull that stunt all by myself, the least I would end up doing would be screwing up another 4-5 lives. And that’s where these angel fellows come in. In different forms, assuming different roles, but doing the same work. All of them.

There are times when I think I don’t really need them… Oh well… so much for my thoughts… not even a penny actually. For every stupid hint of a thought worth any foul penny which says I can get along well on my own, there are about a million flashes worth a grand each, if not more, which tell me to basically shut up.
All the times at home when I’ve been lost as a kid or other-wise, through school and college where I was this notorious woman, the 3 months of training in Infosys where I managed to goof up in every possible way, then all the way to Chennai, where again my mad luck (no typo here) got the better (or worse) of me, and then here in Detroit where I arrived a little humbled, but stupid nonetheless, it’s been these g.a’s who’ve kept the show running. Sometimes at “breakneck” speed. But cruising all other times.

Sometimes I think I should sit up and thank all these wonderful creatures, who keep popping into my lives at just the magical moments, as if on a wonderfully directed cue. Only I’m scared they might think their job is done and move on to another specimen like me. So I guess, when my job is finally done, I’ll send them all a little I.O.U. with a thanks and a mmuah. And until then, I’ll put in another word with one of those divine powers which are supposed to exist to keep taking care of these much more realistic (and down to earth) characters and keep hoping that they enjoy working with me.

ps: yeah yeah… one of those days.

~K.

2 comments:

~Me said...

:) :).. g.a's? hey, please do find me some as well - am in desperate need of atleast one...
take care,
god bless n happiness always,
~me!! :)

Anonymous said...

maine kuch to socha tha comment karne ko..lekin samajh nahin aya ki IOU bole to kya? fir uske baad bhul hi gaya ki kya likhna tha :( waise tum aquarian ho kya zodiac se ? ya fir taurean sun sign se...matlab mereko sign wign ka jyada idea nahin hai lekin log bolte ki taurean bahut faltu sochte :D actually mind nahin karne ka kyonki main bhi hun :))